- Posted by Multi-Care Medical
- On March 7, 2017
Aches and pains don’t have to derail a patient’s day and significantly impact their ability to work or participate in the activities they enjoy. For most people orthopedic damage develops over time. An orthopedic specialist can help undo this damage using treatments that may include surgery, physical therapy, massage, or medical appliances that can make motion and movement easier for the patient.
What Causes Orthopedic Damage?
Damage to the body can be caused by everything from an injury to job conditions to lifestyle. Sometimes, it can take decades for the damage to become apparent. This damage can be caused by bone fractures, nerve injuries, deep lacerations, or burns.
It may also arise simply from wearing poor quality footwear or from spending years working in less than ergonomic work conditions. Thus, one of the most important tasks for the orthopedic specialists at Multi-Care Medical is to determine how the damage occurred so that proper corrective measures can be applied to undo the damage.
The Role of the Orthopedic Specialist
Our orthopedic specialists thoroughly assess each patient’s overall health and the extent of their injuries. Before any treatment commences, it is important to identify which tendons, ligaments, muscles, and joints are affected.
Based on the information we collect during our examinations and interviews with the patient, we develop a treatment regimen suited to address the patient’s specific needs.
These treatments may include:
- Surgery. Surgery can help alleviate pain and loss of motion from joints that have worn out, tendons or ligaments that are torn, broken bones that were not properly set, or vertebrae that have slipped out of place, etc.
- Protective Braces. Protective braces can be prescribed to treat conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, dislocated knees, tendonitis, etc.
- Physical Therapy. Physical therapy can help patients increase, and potentially regain their full range of motion. When used in conjunction with other treatments, physical therapy is a highly effective process that generates positive, long-lasting results.
- Massage Therapy. Massage therapy can help reduce swelling and increase blood flow throughout the body’s musculoskeletal system. Steady and repeated massage sessions can help alleviate pain and expedite patient recovery.
- Chiropractic Care. Chiropractic care can help realign the spine, joints, and other musculoskeletal structures. This can alleviate pain and increase a patient’s mobility and range of motion.
- Medication. Injuries take time to heal and this can require an orthopedic specialist to prescribe pain medication to alleviate pain and discomfort. Medication can allow patients to continue their lives comfortably as the affected systems heal and recover.
Multi-Care Medical is staffed by a team of orthopedic specialists and support personnel that can help you move forward. We invite you to contact our team at 954-441-7246 to schedule an appointment and to learn more about the orthopedic services we offer. With three locations in South Florida, the help you need is not far away.